Luxurious, Private Holiday Lodges in Devon
Stylish, contemporary and unashamedly indulgent; the 5 Red Star Bovey Castle estate hides 22 three-storey country lodges within its grounds, all in keeping with the environment beyond.
Fashioned from local granite and vaulted with English oak, each property echoes the enduring character of Devon’s ancient moorlands. Shaded by woodland, bordered by lakes and manicured lawns, the lodge becomes your own private sanctuary – set within more than 400 acres of Devon countryside and minutes away from the luxurious hospitality of Bovey Castle.
Each lodge has three en-suite bedrooms and almost all are laid out over three floors, sleeping up to eight people in total.* They also have a full kitchen with fridge, freezer, oven, dishwasher, microwave, and an open plan lounge and dining area leading on to a balcony with views over the grounds.
All the hotel facilities and housekeeping services are still available for your use, giving you all the benefits of Bovey Castle and all the independence you desire too.
Lodges are sold on a room only basis, giving you the flexibility to use the hotel facilities as you wish or cater for yourself.
Stair gates and cots for children can be provided and placed in your lodge before arrival.
*Maximum of six adults and two children (accommodated in additional beds) per lodge.
Please note, we are unable to provide room service to guests staying in lodges.
Bovey Castle is a dog friendly hotel. Please note whilst dogs are allowed in lodges, unfortunately dogs are not allowed in the restaurants or in the lounges.
View a map of the hotel grounds and lodge locations.
3 bedroom granite house situated in the grounds with 3 en-suite bathrooms, lounge, dining room and kitchen. Suitable for families or couples sharing, lodges are within 3-5 minutes’ walk of the hotel.
- 3 separate bedrooms with king or twin beds
- The average size of a lodge is 110 sqm
- 3 ensuite shower or bathrooms
- Open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room
- Fully fitted kitchen with cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher and crockery, glassware, cutlery and kitchen utensils so families can self-cater
- Utility room with washer drier
- Suitable for families of all ages or friends sharing wanting privacy, peace and quiet
- Each lodge is individual in design but all are built over 3 floors with either 1 bedroom to the top, the living area on the middle floor and 2 bedrooms to the lower floor, or 1 bedroom on each floor with the living area on the lower floor
- Decking and balcony area with outdoor furniture and BBQ’s (summer months)
- Spectacular views over the grounds and Dartmoor
- Lodges will accommodate up to 8, with a maximum of 6 adults. Additional children are accommodated on extra beds (charges apply)
- Complimentary wifi
- TV & Blu-ray DVD player (please note, these are on request).
- Bathrobes, slippers, Espa toiletries, hairdryers
- Complimentary bottled water
- Use of indoor swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, steam room and gym
- Please note, we are unable to provide room service to guests staying in lodges.
Add to your lodge experience at Bovey Castle by including one of our lodge pre arrival breakfast or drinks packs. Lodge packs can be booked online at the time of booking your lodge or through our reservations team on 01647 445007.
Continental breakfast pack - £10 per person (minimum 2 people)
500ml of orange juice
500ml of milk
Bottle of water (750ml)
Sliced fresh fruit (melon, berries, etc)
Couple of small boxed cereals
Pot of yoghurt
Bread, butter & jam pots