The golf experience at Bovey Castle has been adjusted to ensure compliance with government guidelines. The full code of conduct is detailed below
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BOOK, PLEASE EMAIL email@example.com
Course Opening Times
Everyday 8.00am – 5.00pm
Course Access and Booking
To access the course, a player must:
- Comply with Government Guidelines at all times.
- Not be in self-isolation or displaying COVID-19 symptoms.
- Be an active member whose subscription has been paid in full.
Non-Members must have pre-paid for their round
- Have made a booking by calling or preferably emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 3 & 4 balls are now bookable, however social distancing must be adhered to at all times
- Members and visitors cannot turn up and play without a booking
- Golfers should travel to the course alone, or with members of the same household.
- You should aim to arrive no more than 20 minutes before your tee off time.
- The golf carpark will remain closed until further notice. However, ample car parking spaces are available in the main hotel parking area. Please park with an adequate distance between vehicles to allow for social distancing.
- Golf buggies and trolleys will be available for hire at the normal rates (Buggy £35.00 and a pull trolley £5.00) and will be sanitised before collection
- To comply with social distancing, you must arrive at the 1st tee no more than 5 minutes before your tee time, keeping 2 metres apart from other golfers at all times.
- The changing rooms will remain closed. Golfers are asked to arrive in golfing attire and change your shoes in the carpark
- The pro shop will operate a “one-in, one out” for the use of the toilet only
- The driving range will remain closed
- Rental clubs will not be available, so all players must bring their own clubs
During your round
- Golfers must adhere to the social distancing rules at all times, maintaining a minimum distance of 2 metres
- There will be 10 minute intervals between tee times,
- Flagsticks should be left in throughout the round and not touched. The cup has been upturned to ensure the ball partially remains above green level to ease removal
- Putt’s within 12 inches should be considered as a gimme
- Please do not pick up another player’s club or ball, or make contact with their golf bag or trolley
- Please accept the bunkers as you find them, rakes have been removed for your safety. Please smooth over with your foot or golf club to leave a satisfactory surface for the next player
- Do not attempt to retrieve balls from the water hazards. All ball catchers have been removed from the course
- Do not pick up stray balls
- Please do not use the litter bins located around the course
- Ball washers will be taken out of commission until further notice
- If a ball is lost or unplayable, golfers must not go back to play the shot again to avoid congestion on the course
- If you meet members of the public on the bridle path, please stand aside at a safe distance and allow them to pass whilst practicing good social distancing
- The Halfway House and benches around the course will remain open. Please observe social distancing
After your round
- In an effort to maintain social distancing, when your round is complete please leave the course and the estate immediately
We will review this new code of conduct on a weekly basis and make any amendments we feel are appropriate to ensure your continued safety.