Are you looking for your next family break in Devon? Here at Bovey Castle, our beautiful hotel is nestled in 275 acres of lush, green countryside within Devon’s breath-taking Dartmoor National Park and, as a family friendly hotel, there’s plenty to see and do for adults and children alike! With its rolling hills, winding rivers, dramatic coastlines and beautiful beaches, Devon offer endless possibilities for family adventures.
We’re really proud of our 5 Red Star status and our luxury accommodation for parents and children of all ages. We understand that, as parents, you want a relaxing and luxurious break away, as well as lots to do for your children. Watch your children’s eyes widen with delight as you enter our 275 acre estate. For them, it’s a huge playground and we’ve filled it with children’s activities designed to give everyone a wonderful time.
Bovey Castle children’s activities
Our activities for children are run through our Bovey Bears and Bovey Rangers sessions that are offered on a daily basis (morning and afternoon sessions) and are chargeable depending on which session you choose. Ideal for smaller guests, Bovey Bears is for children aged 4-7 and includes plenty of fun crafty activities. Please note that if your child is under 4, parental supervision is required. For those aged 7-14, Bovey Rangers offers plenty of supervised indoor and outdoor activities including camp fire building, archery, air rifle challenges and even Ranger Off Road Experience drives!
Create unforgettable memories
We’ve also added even more experiences to add a touch of magic to your stay at Bovey Castle, and these can be enjoyed by all the family, giving you the chance to create unforgettable family memories that you can treasure forever…
- Deer Park Tours: A one hour tour of the new Bovey Castle Deer Park. Enjoy up close encounters with these beautiful animals and see their daily feeding habits, as well as their importance to our conservation model on the estate. Cost is just £15.00 per person.
- Fawn Feeding (summer holidays only): An enchanting experience that gives you the chance to handle and feed our beautiful Deer Fawns! Cost is just £30 per person.
- Bottle Feeding Baby Goats (May half term only): Due to the popularity of our fawn feeding experience, we have now introduced baby goats so we can offer guests an animal feeding activity until the fawns are born in July! Our cute goat kids are a sight to behold and with our bottle feeding experience you’ll get the chance to feed the goats and give them a cuddle! Cost is just £30 per person.
- Daily Egg Collecting and Meet the Ferrets: Our ferrets love to meet new people and you and your children will also have the chance to feed and water our chickens and even collect their eggs! This is a complimentary activity.
- Daily Falconry Display: This complimentary activity runs daily on the terrace at 10:30am. Come along and see our birds – from eagles to owls!
Families can also follow the Brass Rubbing Trail, our clue led adventure around the Bovey grounds and we also offer bike hire (with helmets and locks) so you can explore the estate at your leisure or venture further out to make the most of your family break in Devon.
Special May half term offer
Sounds great, doesn’t it? Along with these family friendly activities and experiences, we’ve also put together a May half term offer so you can book your next family break away as soon as possible!
Our Dartmoor Escape offer includes accommodation for all the family in a Castle room with breakfast and dinner in Smith’s brasserie, our relaxed, 1 AA Rosette, family friendly eatery with cosy seating, classic British dishes and kids menu.
We also have a money saving 4 nights for the price of 3 offer that runs from 1st May until 30th September in one of our amazing private lodges… perfect for a summer holiday break! And of course, for those with pre-school children, you can join us here for a family friendly Devon break at any time!
For more information on how to book and our different packages, please take a look at our offers page, or contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Bovey Castle for your next family friendly Devon break soon!